Known as the "Hidden Jewel of Indonesia", Bali produces some of the best coffee coming out of the island. The highland plateau of Kintamani, between the volcanoes of Batukaru and Agung, is the main coffee growing area. These active volcano's keep the soil fresh with extremely fertile volcanic ash which we know is a boon for coffee plants. Generally, Balinese coffee is carefully processed under tight control, using the wet hulling method. This results in uplifting citrus flavors with rustic notes of herbs.
The islands of Indonesia house hundreds of native plants such as eucalyptus, teak, and coffea robusta. The unique taste derived from Indonesian coffee is due to Indonesia's diverse landscape. Farmers typically grow fruits and vegetables alongside coffee plants. Gown on fertile volcanic soil, the coffee plants retain nutrients from the other plants, producing a high quality coffee bean that's brimming with fruity flavor.
- Type: This medium-dark bodied roast combines uplifting citrus flavors of orange with rustic notes of herbs.
- Taste notes: Citrus and herbs.
- Certifications: Certified USDA Organic. Packaged with no preservatives for the purest coffee experience.
- Quality: Enjoy freshly roasted beans within 2 weeks of opening.
- Origin: Founded by an authentic 5th generation Indonesian Riady family-owned business, headquartered in Los Angeles. Our trusted premium specialty coffee roaster exclusively sources beans from the 13,000 tropical islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali, Toraja, Flores, Papua, and more. Indonesia is the world’s most diversified and 4th largest in the world.
- Sustainability: Our coffee sales will be donated to each respective non-profit: 1% For The Planet
Coffee Attic strives to bring you the best coffee experience by roasting fresh beans here in Los Angeles sourced from an authentic Indonesian family-owned company. We aspire to deliver a variety of flavors and the highest quality ingredients.
Our menu is curated by an eclectic selection of taste and style that is rooted through quality and innovation. We continue strive to set the standard for high-quality coffee. We are constantly evolving and we never settle for anything less than best.
Each blend of coffee stands strongly on their own through their unique flavors and harvesting process
We want to offer the best flavor sourced from the beautiful island of Indonesia Sumatra where the beans are of superb quality. We support our supplier by donating 1% of our sales to our respective non profit: 1% For The Planet.
At Coffee Attic, we are thoughtful in the way we can support our planet, our suppliers, and of course—our customers.
We are a 5th generation Indonesian family-owned business. At the northern end of Sumatra, 1450 meters above sea level, our magnificent local farmers care for our coffee trees. We specialize is producing ultra-premium coffee from the 13,000 tropical islands of Indonesia, the world's 4th largest coffee producer. Our coffee comes from Sumatra, Java, Bali, Celebes, Flores, Papua, and many other more.
Tentera is all about our founder (Michael's) life passion for un-compromised high-quality coffee and ingredients. With years of experience, he is inspired by nature and wildlife. He aspires to share Indonesian culture through an authentic coffee experience. Tentera is vertically integrated: we source direct, import, roast weekly in-house, distribute and market premium, limited quantities of Arabica coffee.