Known as the "Hidden Jewel of Indonesia", Bali produces some of the best coffee coming out of the island. The highland plateau of Kintamani, between the volcanoes of Batukaru and Agung, is the main coffee growing area. These active volcano's keep the soil fresh with extremely fertile volcanic ash which we know is a boon for coffee plants. Generally, Balinese coffee is carefully processed under tight control, using the wet hulling method. This results in uplifting citrus flavors with rustic notes of herbs.
The islands of Indonesia house hundreds of native plants such as eucalyptus, teak, and coffea robusta. The unique taste derived from Indonesian coffee is due to Indonesia's diverse landscape. Farmers typically grow fruits and vegetables alongside coffee plants. Gown on fertile volcanic soil, the coffee plants retain nutrients from the other plants, producing a high quality coffee bean that's brimming with fruity flavor.
- Type: This medium-dark bodied roast combines uplifting citrus flavors of orange with rustic notes of herbs.
- Taste notes: Citrus and herbs.
- Certifications: Certified USDA Organic. Packaged with no preservatives for the purest coffee experience.
- Quality: Enjoy freshly roasted beans within 2 weeks of opening.
- Origin: Founded by an authentic 5th generation Indonesian Riady family-owned business, headquartered in Los Angeles. Our trusted premium specialty coffee roaster exclusively sources beans from the 13,000 tropical islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali, Toraja, Flores, Papua, and more. Indonesia is the world’s most diversified and 4th largest in the world.
- Sustainability: Our coffee sales will be donated to each respective non-profit: 1% For The Planet