Sette 270. Introduces a revolutionary design to home espresso grinders, offering professional functionality for home users.
Easy Grind Adjustment
Thirty macro steps of adjustment plus 9 marked settings of a micro-adjustment system gives the user 270 grind settings to allow for the best, most precise dial-in on any Baratza grinder. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment. This allows room for even the most attentive taster to explore delicate layers of sweetness, acidity, and body for all types of espresso from classic Italian dark roasts to progressive light roasts.The grind quality on the Sette covers a wide breadth of espresso styles from dense, syrupy shots to high-yield, tea-like extractions. The mouthfeel and flavor clarity of espresso pulled on the Sette out-classes other home espresso grinders. The multitude of features offered by the Sette makes dialing in espresso simple and hassle-free.
Digital Control Panel
The front mounted control panel with backlit LED display is user-friendly. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time settings within 0.01 second. Simply press the START button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
The Sette features our radically redesigned gearbox and burrset in which the outer ring burr rotates around a stationary cone burr. This design allows for high-speed grinding – up to 5g per second – as well as minimal retention of coffee in the system. Most burr grinders utilize a small pathway through which ground coffee travels. On the Sette, coffee simply falls from the burrs down into your portafilter or grounds bin.
The Convertible Device Holder can secure a wide variety of portafilters and brewing devices (as well as the included bin) directly below the burr set for quick and easy transfer of ground coffee. To clean; open the arms of the device holder, shut the hopper gate and remove the cone burr/adjustment ring assembly. This gives you convenient access to the ring burr as well as the cone burr to brush off coffee residue.
Don’t Dump it, Fix it!
Most small, consumer appliances are designed to wear out, or stop being useful in a very short time. These appliances are difficult and expensive to repair, so consumers are trained to dump and replace which has big environmental implications.
In contrast, we’ve purposefully designed Baratza grinders to be maintained like commercial grinders and maximize their value. With regular cleaning, maintenance, repair, and even rebuilds our grinders can give an excellent, accurate grind for many years.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- DOSING - 3 programmable dosing buttons for accurate, consistent dosing to within a 10th of a second. This allows you to save 3 different doses for a variety of uses. Dual dosing options - grind directly into a portafilter or grounds bin/brewing device.
- EXCEPTIONAL ESPRESSO GRINDER - The Sette delivers beautiful espresso and is also capable of grinding for manual brewing methods requiring a finer grind (e.g. Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, some drip brewers).
- 270 GRIND SETTINGS - Macro/Micro adjustment for the most precise dial-in capabilities. A built-in convertible device holder allows for convenient change between a portafilter or supplied grounds bin.
- HIGH SPEED GRINDING - Up to 5g/second and minimal retention in the innovative straight-thru grind mechanism.