Baratza Vario-W Grind by Weight Flat Burr Coffee GrinderBaratza
Weight-based grinding for extreme accuracy makes it easier to make that perfect cup of coffee. Baratza’s groundbreaking Vario-W is a fully integrated real-time weight-based grinder.
- Specialty Coffee Association Award Winning Grinders - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- 230 Grind Settings - For dialing in espresso and all brewing methods (Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers). Offers exceptional cup quality for home, office or light commercial use.
- High Performance Grinding - 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs by Mahlkonig, provide high throughput and maintain sharpness, and a built in scale provides precise dosing.
- Grind By Weight - Built in digital scale for accurate weight based dosing. Programmable buttons to save up to 3 different presets for a repeatable, one-touch grinding.
- Warranty/Quality Parts - engineered with 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs by Mahlkonig in Germany, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability ensuring the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Vario-W is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty.
Grind by weight
The front-mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Programmable buttons allow you to save up to 3 different presets for repeatable, one-touch grinding. Simply press the START button and the Vario-W automatically delivers precise dosing. The built-in precision load cell provides accurate weighing, while grinding, to within 0.1 grams.
230 grind settings
The Vario-W offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
High performance Burrs
The Vario-Series 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs produce accurate espresso grinding with high throughput. The Vario Series grinds 1.6 grams/second for espresso and 2.2 grams/second for French press. The broad range of grind and the bimodal particle distribution are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Series burrs
Shut off hopper
The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff mechanism in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans with minimal coffee waste.
Don’t Dump it, Fix it!
Most small, consumer appliances are designed to wear out, or stop being useful in a very short time. These appliances are difficult and expensive to repair, so consumers are trained to dump and replace which has big environmental implications. In contrast, we’ve purposefully designed Baratza grinders to be maintained like commercial grinders and maximize their value. With regular cleaning, maintenance, repair, and even rebuilds our grinders can give an excellent, accurate grind for many years.