West Java is the earliest plantation area acquired by VOC in the East Indies back in the 18th century. Coffee was planted in Priangan areas, such as in Sumedang. Java’s Arabica coffee production is centered on the Ijen Plateau, at the eastern end of Java, at an altitude of 1,400 meters.
The coffee is primarily grown on large estates that were built by the Dutch in the 18th century. The five largest estates are Belawan, Dampit, Pancur, Kayumas and Tugosari and they cover more than 4,000 hectares. Java coffee contains a slightly spicy or smoky twist, leaving behind a sweet impression. Java has moderate-to-low acidity.
- Type: Java blend is medium-dark roast that offers a robust blend of dark chocolate, citrus, and herb flavors.
- Taste notes: Bittersweet chocolate, orange, and herbs.
- Certifications: Certified USDA Organic. Packaged with no preservatives for the purest coffee experience.
- Quality: Enjoy freshly roasted beans within 2 weeks of opening.
- Origin: Founded by an authentic 5th generation Indonesian Riady family-owned business, headquartered in Los Angeles. Our trusted premium specialty coffee roaster exclusively sources beans from the 13,000 tropical islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali, Toraja, Flores, Papua, and more. Indonesia is the world’s most diversified and 4th largest in the world.
- Sustainability: Our coffee sales will be donated to each respective non-profit: 1% For The Planet