Coffee sourced from the northern part of the Indonesian island, Sumatra are valued for their rich flavor of dark chocolate, elevated herbal notes, and sweet undertones to create tantalizing coffee experience. The Gayo region is known for producing a high quality Arabica, grown in the lovely mountain basin surrounding Lake Tawar in the town of Takengon. The typical processing method used is called: “Wet Hulling” or "Giling Basah" in Indonesian.
This distinctive method generates our beans full-bodied flavors. Sumatra Gayo coffee is grown at a height of 1,000 to 1,400 meters above sea level, and rated as one of the best Indonesia's Coffee growing regions. Unabashed to be bold, this rich flavor is harmonized with decadent dark chocolate with elated herbal notes, creating a tantalizing coffee
- Type: This medium-dark roast combines the bold flavors of dark chocolate and herbs for a smooth, clean, and full-bodied experience.
- Taste notes: Dark chocolate and herbs.
- Certifications: Certified USDA Organic. Packaged with no preservatives for the purest coffee experience.
- Quality: Enjoy freshly roasted beans within 2 weeks of opening.
- Origin: Founded by a 5th generation Indonesian Riady family-owned business, headquartered in Los Angeles. Our trusted premium specialty coffee roaster exclusively sources beans from the 13,000 tropical islands of Sumatra, Java, Bali, Toraja, Flores, Papua, and more. Indonesia is the world’s most diversified and 4th largest in the world.
- Sustainability: Our coffee sales will be donated to each respective non-profit: 1% For The Planet